Pad Kit Disk Brake.
Genuine Subaru Brake Pads & Rotors
Go wherever you want, and stop when you need to
Why use Genuine Subaru Brake Pads & Rotors?
It’s reassuring to have confidence that your vehicle can come to a safe stop. This is why your Subaru was built with Genuine Subaru Brake Pads & Rotors. These parts have been engineered and manufactured with high-quality materials to help ensure that your vehicle has the power to stop in the shortest distance possible when you need it to.
The “Genuine” difference
Modern vehicles have complex, interlinking technology to deliver better and safer driving experiences. This is true of your Subaru vehicle’s Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) system that rely on Genuine Subaru Brake Pads & Rotors to function properly. Using generic brake pads and rotors when it’s time for replacement may cost less in price, but at the cost of losing effectiveness. This is especially important to consider for vehicles equipped with Subaru EyeSight® that require Genuine Subaru Brake Pads & Rotors for replacement in order to accurately maintain the operation of its Driver Assist Technology.*
When should they be replaced?
Pressing the brake pedal while driving causes the brake pads to squeeze against the rotors – which are connected to the wheels – and stop your vehicle. The tremendous amount of heat and friction produced when this happens wears away the contact material of your pads and the surface of your rotors. However, these parts have no defined time for replacement because the rate at which they both wear out depends on your personal driving habits. This is why having routine brake inspections performed is so important. We recommend having your brakes inspected every 12–15,000 miles or 12–15 months.**
- GOOD PAD LIFE (7mm–12mm)
- REQUIRES FUTURE ATTENTION (4mm–6mm)
- NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION (0mm–3mm)
Inspect Every 12,000 Miles or 12–15 Months**
Warning signs of worn brake pads and rotors
If it has been a while since you’ve had your brake pads and rotors replaced, you may notice the following signs while stopping:
- Squealing or grinding noises
- Shaking or shuddering
- Spongy brake pedal feel
- Longer stopping distances
- Vehicle pulling to the side
- Illuminated BRAKE warning light on your dashboard
* EyeSight® is a driver assist system which may not operate optimally under all driving conditions. The driver is always responsible for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors such as vehicle maintenance, and weather and road conditions. See Owner’s Manual for complete details on system operation and limitations. Please remember to turn off EyeSight when going through a car wash.
** Refer to your Warranty & Maintenance Booklet or MySubaru.com for service intervals. We measure your brake pads during every Multi-Point Inspection
A set of disc brake pads for a vehicle's disc brake caliper brake system.
Fits Forester, Impreza, Legacy, Outback, STI, WRX
If your brake pads have reached their wear limit, let our technicians service the brake pads in your Subaru with OEM parts.